Monday, September 11, 2006

Tony Blair :The dilema . What are the Options?!

For as long as I can remember (or at least the last 18 months or so) there has been endless speculation about Tony Blair and his premiership. Questions like: how much longer will he stay? When will he actually name a date? Who would his replacement be? And so on and so on.

I have to say I am slightly middle of the road on this one. Where I do have issues with some of his policies and the ways in which he implements them I also have issues with who is actual replacement will be.
I take issue with some of his immigration agendas. I was raised very tolerant, in a very multi cultural family with beliefs to be compassionate and to respect all others. Recently that has been tested to its highest level. It is a fine line to complain about the immigration issues between having a logical argument and sounding well ... a bigot or narrow minded. We have a problem within this country now where we are simply letting to many illegal immigrants slip through the cracks. The government seems to have effectively let the reins go on this and thrown their hands up in the air as if to say ‘what do you want us to do about it then?’ This has affected me personally. I have been on a waiting list for a dentist for the last 18 months. Please realize that this is a waiting list to register with the dentist. After registering I would then have to wait a further 3 – 6 months to actually get a check up. This is NHS this is not private. Some people say go private then? My answer is no!!! I pay taxes have done for 5 years and it is my natural right to use the NHS dentist provide to ME! I have since found out that in the last 12 months roughly 20 -30 asylum seekers have been registered immediately with the dentist I am trying to get into!! This enrages me. I accept that people of any status should get medical attention but why do I have to wait for 18 months ?!?! To me this is down to the British government under Mr. Blair’s leadership opening the gates to Britain and saying ‘come on in, even if your asylum claim is not valid we will let you in, more the merrier everyone’

Then there is the flipside to this all. Who would replace him?? The option that seems to always be mentioned is Gordon Brown …… oh god helps us please. I am going to be supremely superficial here everyone…..that man is UGLY ….U.G.L.Y a face a mother could not even love seriously. One of Tony Blair’s major plus points is he is a highly social man and I do believe one of the key skills in and job like that is being able to handle extreme social situations and Tony Blair can handle these. Gordon Brown has the social skills of a dead slug, he has the social skills a bloody water buffalo!! He in my eyes would be an embarrassment to Britain at State dinners and world leader conferences. He looks constantly looks as though he has just come of a weekend on the lash and rolled his fat ass out of bed.

On a more serious note though he will always be seen as the man in the background that was undermining his current leader. Almost a form of skull duggery. He will always be seen as the man pulling the strings in the back trying to get Tony Blair out. It is not a good perception to show the worlds super power countries. The picture of him in the paper last week laughing as he left 10 Downing street after apparently having a blazing row with the prime minister should be a sign to everyone what he is really like?!
But the question then is who else is the option to lead this country?? As it appears there is not a lot out there at present and cannot see anything coming to the for front in the near future.

I will be very curious to see what will happen in the next 8 – 9 months? Interested to see who exactly will throw their proverbial hat in the ring that is the Labour party of Britain?

4 comments:

~art said...

Personally I like Tony Blair but then again I don't have to live under his rule either. How about we trade? Bush for Blair? hmm

louisa said...

hmmm ..... let me think .... NO CHANCE!!! lol lol i do not mind blair he has done well in my books but it is time to go old guard out new one in as they say

~art said...

What if we throw in Hillary Clinton and Rush Limbaugh as a bonus?

louisa said...

ha !! would not really mind taking Hilliary litt.le bit of militant blonde always mixes it up a bit but can keep rush purely for the stupid name he has