Monday, April 24, 2006

The Need To Get out More

Yes I know I need to get out more !!! I was told last night by my little sister that I need to get out more and make new friends !! It was like being in high school again. Honestly it is not easy when you are 27 to just make ' new friends'

I then started to think how the hell do I make new friends ??? I may come across as a fairly confident person at times but seriously I am not. Really I get nervous around people I do not know, I get edgy in larger crowds. I get the fear inside when in a crowd ' is everyone looking at me thinking , look at her standing there talking to NO ONE !!!! ' So to go out and make new friends is not easy for me at all.

I have found lately that I have become more and more reclusive. This has not been forced upon me. I have just decided sub consciously that I do not want to be social I like to be by myself I like not having to be nice to other people. But then on the other hand when I am alone I start to think ' oh my god my life sucks and I need to do something!!'
Its basically a catch 22 when you think about it.

So as much as I hate to say it or admit it Alex may be right. Maybe I do need to make more new friends. I have absolutely no idea how to do this but yes do need to make some and soon or being a hermit will become a permanent fixture in my damn life !! Any suggestions ???

( apologies for this very random ramble )
Note : Alex do not tell me again how crap my writing has been lately I do realize this it wil lget better I promise !!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on every point there. Havng travelled a bit myself, the only people I really know around here are people I work with or have worked with. Like you, I hate the whole crowd thing too.

Add to that the fact that those I do meet seem to live totally different lifestyles to me - I enjoy a good night as much as anyone else, but I don't have to spend my entire weekend drinking endlessly and popping any pill I can find!

Personally, living like a hermit is sometimes a damn sight easier!

louisa said...

A FELLOW HERMIT!!!see i am not the only one out there. I do like to go out and have a good time
But I think I have just grown older and wiser and prefer a good afternoon drink a great chat and a laugh more then anything now ( when I can actually afford it that is ha ha )

Anonymous said...

And there was me thinking I was just getting old beyond my years or something!

Seriously though, I have started to really feel old around here these days - everyone seems to revolve their life around drinking. As you say, I love a good night out and some fun as much as the next guy, but I have my limits - my life doesn't have to revolve around it 24/7. If you spend every spare moment in the pub, then what is there to look forward to?

Sometimes, a take-away, bottle of your favorite poison and a good movie is a nice way to relax.

I've increasingly been thinking of moving back to Canada for this very reason - at least they know how to live their life in a sustained manner!

louisa said...

see now you are just making me want to go home early sit on some nice sunny patio and drink wine !!! ha ha
it is far to nice a day to be inside right now !
Yeah they do know how to have a good healthy time back home although when they drink they really drink ha ha